Last week started rough but got progressively better as the week went on.
Monday
I woke up expecting to get my financial but instead I got nothing. I went to Commerce to get my account situation fixed because since I had moved they eventually closed my account. I filled out some papers and they told me it would take a couple of days before my account would be opened. So I was feeling kind of positive about the situation. I spent my afternoon going to classes and doing homework. I felt pretty lame but good at the same time. It's my senior year and I finally know how to study properly.
Tuesday
Was pretty much Monday without the classes. I woke up early to go check up on my refund but I decided to get on GUS first. I looked at my enrollment information and saw all sorts of things that didn't look right. I was negative money in my tuition payment. I didn't even know that could happen! I went to registrar to get all my paper work in order because I knew for a fact that it was a mistake. Sure enough it was and the desk lady was really nice and helped me with everything. I understood the mixup I reenrolled they could've have two of me in the system for all I knew. So I go to financial aide tell them the situation and asked about my short term loan. They approved and promised my money would be in the next day. (That's what they said yesterday.) I had gotten my short term loan and was pretty happy about it. I went bought a couple of school books and school supplies and began doing more homework. After a while I realized it was getting late so I started heading toward the dorms. I was crashing with friends and didn't have keys or a phone. Neither of them were in the room so I went back to the library. Again two days in a row I just start doing homework during the day just because I had nothing better to do. I was locked out for two hours and spent the day riding my bike and studying. However I soon realized that come night I wouldn't have to worry about doing homework. I could go out and do whatever I wanted but I had ten oclock class. So I sat in the dorms and watched inception until I passed out boring day.
Wednesday
Same situation with the money with a twist they bank closed my account completely! The money was being held under verification by the school because they believed that they were giving me too much. I was kind of upset at this point but I had my short term loan so I went to class. My noon class was canceled and so I was happy but was soon buzzkilled with a Speech Presentation assignment. Class was short and so I went with my group to figure out what was going on. I didn't know the group or anything about the Aristotelian theory of Rhetoric. Yeah that's right Aristotle. I was invited over to a friends to hang out with a bunch of people. Then I was invited to go to a magic show. which was pretty awesome. This kid was like in high school and he got to travel to Vegas and preform. I was amazed and then I realized I was at a magic show and thought wow this is random. However the highlight of my week I even donated to the ALS Associastion. (Lou Gehrig's Syndrome)
Thursday
Still no money, still had class. It wasn't bad though I got out my astronomy lab like an hour early so I was done with all of my classes by two o'clock. I could do whatever i wanted for the rest of the day. So I spent the day going over to friends houses playing video games, and hanging out.
Friday
I GOT MY REFUND CHECK! I went to another bank and created an account. I can't get my debit card til next week, and Wednesday to get my checkbook. However still things were looking up. I spent the day in classes and enjoyed my afternoon. Only one problem the party got busted. My underaged friends thought it would be a good idea to pregame in their dorm. So I came over after fourty five minutes or so their Resident Assistant comes to the door and starts asking for ideas and all the alcohol. Luckily I'm twenty one but I wasn't getting a ticket for being around minors. They campus police showed up and let me go. I thought it was funny because the officers say "You should just go home." and I wanted say officer I'm homeless and I sleep here. I don't he would've found that as funny as I did. So I left and walked around in and out of parties up and down Broadway just party watching until my friends in the dorms were done getting in trouble. I felt bad but they are underaged and they were drinking. Rules are rules.
Felt like one boring week. Waiting for one thing and not getting it. Doing homework and studying everyday. Getting locked out and Dealing with cops. I realized one thing though I loved every minute of it. The excitement of living in the moment not knowing what was coming next hit me and gave me the burst of energy I've been looking for. Who knows what will happen tomorrow? No one but patience is key.
No comments:
Post a Comment